Hey, ho ho ho & stuff. Gather ’round the tree, my dearies, whilst I hand out at few bits and bobs. In this case, 12 horror movies you may not know (or may have forgotten) were, technically, christmas movies.
Know what? Let’s make a baker’s dozen. Hell, ’tis the season and all that crap.
13. Gremlins- My least favorite movie on this list. Sure, the kitchen battle is funny, and the final act is substantially creepy, but Gizmo? Just annoying.
12. P2- After getting stuck working late on christmas eve, a business woman has to survive the stalker in the parking garage.
11. Dead End- Maybe a little like Wrong Turn, but everyone’s on their way to christmas eve dinner at Grandma’s.
10. While She Was Out- Kim Basinger vs. murderous thugs when she goes shopping on christmas eve.
9. Trancers- In a way, kinda The Matrix before The Matrix was The Matrix. Jack Deth (Tim Thomerson) vs. a mall Santa.
8. Whoever Slew Auntie Roo- Mainly a retelling of “Hansel And Gretel,” so it’s easy of forget that Auntie Roo’s celebration takes place at christmas.
7. American Psycho- It’s during a christmas party that Patrick Bateman (Christian Bale) decides to kill one of his coworkers.
6. In Bruges- After a botched job, hitmen Ray (Colin Farrell) and Ken (Brendon Gleeson) are sent to hide out in, Bruges (where else?) during the christmas season.
4. Eyes Wide Shut- Oh come on! It starts at an opulent christmas bash.
3. Inside- Tough-to-watch New French Extremity answer to the christmas eve survival showdown.
2. Brazil- Easy to forget or overlook but yeah, it’s a running theme of the film really. And if you don’t think Brazil is a Kafka-esque nightmare, I have two words for you: baby masks.
And coming in at #1:
Yeah, you might argue that this is a bit of a stretch. It’s okay. You’re allowed to be wrong. But in my defense, may I present Exhibit A)–
Not enough? Here’s Exhibit B)–
The defense rests.