Anyone who’s spent more than 5 minutes with me (and let me assure you that is one short list) knows that I speak fluent movie quotes. It’s a curse and a blessing. It’s a blessing and a curse. My daughters and I have been known to ostracize entire groups of people at dinner tables and family gatherings by speaking that way exclusively. It was only a matter of time before I inflicted such behavior on y’all. But in the interest of maintaining interest, I’ll try to limit myself to a mere 20 Of My Favorite Horror Movie Quotes. I’m including horror comedies and movies not typically considered horror that have some quotes with some dark implications and impact. Let’s jump in.
20) 2001: A Space Odyssey- Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.
19) Pooka- You never know what Pooka will do.
18) Tusk- So either you go full walrus, or–this!
17) Videodrome- Long live the new flesh.
16) Willard (1971)- Tear ‘im up!
15) Children Of The Corn- Outlander!
14) American Psycho- Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when Sports came out in ’83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He’s been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far much more bitter, cynical sense of humor.
13) Re-animator- Who’s going to believe a talking head? Get a job in sideshow.
12) Addams Family, The (1991)- Come on, old man, I’ve smoked since I was five. Mother insisted.
11) Hellraiser– The box. You opened it. We came.
10) Big Trouble In Little China- Shut up, Mr. Burton. You are not brought upon this world to “get it.”
9) High Anxiety- Those who are tardy do not get fruit cup.
8) Troll 2- And you can’t piss on hospitality! I won’t allow it!
7) Tucker And Dale Vs. Evil- We have had a doozy of a day.
6) Rare Exports: The Official Safety Instuctions- Every year, we ship hundreds of these distinguished, extremely rare products to faraway countries all around the world. Your mission is to guarantee a safe journey for the product, from beginning to end. Last season you failed.
5) The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)- Look what yer brother did to the door!
4) Freaks– Gooble gobble, gooble gobble, one of us, one of us.
3) One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest- You know, Billy, what worries me is how your mother is going to take this.
2) What Ever Happened To Baby Jane- Butcha are, Blanche, ya are in that chair!
And once again (shocking nobody) at #1) Psycho 2-
You sure you won’t have a sandwich.
That’s it for now. There will no doubt be a Part II. And III. Etc. Got a favorite of your own? Love to see it in the Comments.